Join the Team
Jacksonville, Florida • Accounting, Regulatory & Operations
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions.
Responsible for maintaining, updating records, documents, and other administrative functions as required in support of CondoLogic Operations Department.
- Provides administrative support for the CondoLogic office management team.
- Prepares complex forms, reports, presentations and other documents needed for operational procedures.
- Creates, proofreads or edits correspondence and documents for internal and external circulation based on existing templates.
- Procuring and filing records, researching lost or missing records, and posting information to records or ledgers in accordance with established procedures and systems. Checks records to verify accuracy and compliance with rules and procedures of appropriate system. Resolve discrepancies by contacting the appropriate office to obtain information on the source of discrepancy and correcting any errors.
- Prepares and maintains basic financial records.
- Collects and manages financial records, collecting payments, sending notices, etc.
- Prepare mailings for cancellations, conditional renewals, etc.
- Maintains office inventory.
- Provides front-line customer service as the face of the office.
- Work in a team environment on accounts in coordination with the Office management Team
- Maintain agency, broker and agents’ licenses.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Superior customer service skills
- Independent judgement and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written), planning, problem-solving, analytical, organizational, and project management
- Excellent, demonstrable computer skills in Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and database programs
- High proficiency and knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to be self-motivated to perform job duties in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on current deadlines and office goals
- Ability to manage a significant volume of transactions and juggle multiple tasks
- Ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure to meet non-negotiable deadlines
- Event planning experience
- High School diploma or higher education preferred.
- 5-year customer service (Required)
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.